If the phone number 720-613-6501 has been frequently popping up on your caller ID, it’s wise to be cautious. This number has been associated with numerous scams impersonating government agencies, businesses, and others in attempts to steal money or personal information. Read on to learn about common 720-613-6501 scam tactics and tips to stop unwanted calls.
Scam Calls Associated with 720-613-6501 While no legitimate organizations have been verified as using 720-613-6501, some typical scams linked to this number include:
- Fake debt collectors claim you owe money on a non-existent debt and demand immediate payment. They may threaten garnished wages or other legal action.
- IRS imposters alleging you owe back taxes and fees, demanding payment by gift card or cryptocurrency to avoid arrest or other penalties.
- Tech support scammers warn about viruses on your computer and offer to fix the issue remotely for a fee. Their real goal is to infect and access your device.
- Bank and credit card fraudsters trying to “verify” your account details in order to access your accounts and commit fraud.
Red Flags It’s a Scam Call Here are some red flags that a call from 720-613-6501 is likely a scam:
- High-pressure tactics demand immediate payments and threatening consequences if you don’t comply.
- Requests for odd payment types like gift cards, Bitcoin, pre-paid debit cards, MoneyPak, etc.
- Refusal to provide company name, callback number, mailing address, or other verifying details.
- Caller becomes angry, abusive, or threatens you if you question their motives.
- Robocalls urging you to “Press 1” to speak with an “agent” about an “important matter.”
How to Stop Calls from 720-613-6501 To protect yourself from scams using 720-613-6501 and reduce harassing calls, take these measures:
- Register your number on the National Do Not Call Registry at donotcall.gov.
- Use call-blocking apps and enable spam filters through your phone carrier.
- Never confirm personal or financial details with unsolicited callers.
- Report scam calls to the Federal Trade Commission and Federal Communications Commission.
- Warn family members about the current phone scams you encounter.
Trust your instincts if a call seems suspicious. Never provide sensitive information to any unknown caller. Being proactive is key to reducing unwanted calls and protecting your identity.
FAQs About 720-613-6501
Q: Is 720-613-6501 a real debt collector or government agency?
A: No, scammers spoof this number to impersonate agencies and businesses. Legitimate contacts will send mailed notices first.
Q: Can I get in legal trouble for not paying scammers calling from 720-613-6501?
A: No, you cannot get arrested or face legal consequences for not paying scammers. Their threats are false.
Q: How do I block calls from 720-613-6501?
A: Contact your phone carrier about call-blocking tools or use third-party call-blocking apps. You can block specific numbers.
Q: What should I do if I already paid scammers calling from 720-613-6501?
A: Contact your bank immediately and report the fraud to your local police department. Monitor accounts closely for further suspicious activity.
Q: Why do I keep getting so many robocalls?
A: Scammers and telemarketers use autodialers to make millions of random calls in hopes of reaching victims. But you can take action to reduce calls.