Explore Career Education at Canadian Valley Technology Center
Canadian Valley Technology Center is a public career- and technology-education center located in El Reno. They offer specialized programs for adult learners and high school students who are looking to learn new skills.
Canadian Valley Technology Center
CV Tech was founded in 1971 with the goal of providing workforce development education to prepare students for success in both current and emerging career fields. The school is a part of Oklahoma Department of Career and Technology Education.
Canadian Valley Technology Center:
- Public Technology Center located in El Reno (OK)
- Around 1,100 high school students are served annually
- Around 1,600 adult students are served annually
- Oklahoma Department of CareerTech System
- Oklahoma State Board of Education accreditation
They have a main campus located in El Reno, and a second campus in Chickasha. CV Tech works with businesses, schools and communities to match training to workforce needs.
Canadian Valley Technology
Center provides career-oriented training and education to prepare students for jobs in high demand across industries. CV Tech has a wide range of programs, including:
- Skilled trades – Trade workshops and construction yards provide training in masonry, machining and HVAC.
- Health Sciences – Future healthcare professionals can gain work skills by enrolling in programs that focus on nursing assistant, EMT (medical office administration), pharmacy tech and more.
- Information Technology – IT programs include network systems, programming and graphic design. They also cover digital media, cybersecurity and tech support.
- Transportation – Programs in automotive technology, auto collision repairs, aviation maintenance and precision machining prepare students for work in the transportation sector.
- Culinary & Hospitality – Students in the culinary program gain experience in commercial kitchens, while hospitality students receive training on lodging, tourism and event coordination.
- Agriculture & Animal Science – Livestock evaluation, equine sciences, greenhouse operation and landscape management classes, as well as agribusiness, are taught in barnyards.
CV Tech offers flexible options for full-time or part-time study, allowing learners from all backgrounds and ages to develop career-oriented skills in a variety of industries.
Canadian Valley Technology Center provides a variety of career training programs in health sciences that prepare students for a wide range of medical careers, including:
- Practical Nursing – The comprehensive licensed practical nurse program includes topics such as anatomy, physiology and nutrition, pharmacology and clinical care throughout the lifespan. Students gain hands-on experience in a dedicated nursing laboratory and clinical settings.
- Surgical Technology: This program covers operating room processes, surgical equipment and supplies, as well as sterile techniques. The mock operating suite emphasizes practical experience.
- Sports Medicine – Students will learn about injury assessment, treatment and rehabilitation, as well as preventative bracing/taping. Curriculum includes anatomy, physiology and first aid.
- Medical Office Administration (MOA) – The course focuses on both front- and rear-office skills such as appointment scheduling, billing and medical records. A clinic lab on-site provides realism.
- Pharmacy Technicians are trained in classroom and laboratory instruction on the pharmacy management software. They also learn about dosage calculations, pharmacy laws, and how to prepare medications.
CVTC offers a variety of health-related programs that combine classroom theory with lab work and clinical experience. This prepares students to pursue rewarding careers in Oklahoma’s growing healthcare industry.
Trades & Industry
Canadian Valley Technology Center offers a variety of career training programs in trades and industries that will provide students with the technical skills they need to land well-paying jobs, including:
- Welding – Students learn the major welding techniques like flux-cored, MIG, TIG and plasma cutting. The welding lab covers blueprint reading, metal fabrication and pipe welding.
- Automotive Service – This program provides training in brake repair and wheel alignment. It also covers engine performance, transmissions. air conditioning. computer diagnostics.
- Computerized Drafting: Students will learn about 2D and 3-dimensional drafting. They’ll also be introduced to CAD software and 3D modeling.
- HVAC Systems – Thermodynamics, HVAC equipment troubleshooting, and more are covered in the hands-on classes.
- Electrical Systems – Training includes residential and commercial wiring, motor control, circuits, illumination, the National Electrical Code and installing electrical systems according to code standards.
- Plumbing – Students learn residential and commercial plumbing, including water supply systems, drainage systems and fixtures, pipe fittings, blueprint reading and best practices for installation.
The CVTC’s Trades and Industry Programs, with their excellent facilities and instructors who are experienced, prepare students for careers in Oklahoma’s manufacturing, construction, and maintenance industries.
Business & IT
Computer repair, programming, multimedia, cybersecurity, web design and more.
Culinary arts, hospitality management and other fields.
CareerTech offers programs for both high school students and adult learners looking to begin a new career.
Benefits of High School Students
CV Tech provides hands-on career preparation in a professional setting for juniors and seniors of high schools. Benefits include:
- Get free college credit through the OK Promise Scholarship
- Get a head-start on your career certifications
- Develop technical skills in your chosen field
- Explore career options that match your interests
- Immersive, project-based learning is a powerful way to learn.
- Gaining real-world work experience
Adult Education Training
CV Tech’s adult programs offer career-focused education that helps students to gain new opportunities.
- From a few weeks to two years, career training programs are available.
- Classes are available daytime, evening and on weekends.
- Career advice and placement assistance
- Financial assistance for those who qualify
- Certifications specific to industry
- Hands-on Labs with Professional Equipment
- Small class sizes with personalized instruction
CV Tech is designed to help adults gain the skills they need to start or advance in their career.
CV Tech is the perfect place to start your career journey
Canadian Valley Technology Center, with its strong links to employers in the region, provides students of all ages with targeted education and training that prepares them for success on Oklahoma’s job market. Discover their program offerings and jumpstart your career.